Friday, May 18, 2007

Fried Chicken innovation

Those who've been reading know I coined the term 'Fried chicken innovation' for more stupid pointless change masquerading as innovation. Start with:
10 varieties of fried chicken, all with different (chemical) flavours. Then move onto...
  • Zippers that don't zip.
  • Suitcase whose wheels fall off.
  • Cultural awareness /sensitivity programs.
  • Sending someone whose only job is to lift boxes on a full computer training course at taxpayers expense.
  • Enquiries into why the trains don't run on time.
  • Buying new cr*p to replace old cr*p.
  • Enquiries into public spending.
It's a wide and diverse field of fried chicken. The point of this blog (as opposed to my other blogs) is that here I will be posting stupid things that you can email your friends. True stories of corporate, government and individual stupidity basically. Strap yourselves in little doggies, as this is going to gob-smack you back to the Stone Age and give you 'Flintstone moments'.

Why do I care? I had to sit through this Cr*p for many years consulting for over 350 organizations, mostly big. I'm only 32, and I still have a soul (unlike those who vacant parking lots for empty souls who run the bigggg firms). A Friend of mine gave up consulting to setup a restaurant before her soul was lost.

I like to think as a small firm we did make a difference, and I think many clients were happy with their small IT systems. Of course, simple is still going along, before it innovates.

And now I'm running the world's first 'Global innovation Agency', 2thinknowTM and doing what I like as well as using all the research i have been doing part time for 3 years into Global innovation. So this blog is what i saw didn't work from other organizations. It's Fried chicken innovation. So there.

PS. These insights informed my later work in Innovation models. Mainly through avoidance...!
Blitzkrieg

Christopher

PS. My other Blogs are:
Global Innovation Conversation- all things innovative: www.2thinknow.com/innovation/
This ones got RSS and commenting and all the goodies, so talk about innovation here.
THis is where we all get together and talk innovation, and for ease, I post links to other posts.

Global Innovation Travel (& food) Blog - inspiration and innovation around-the-world one meal at a time. A little idiosynchratic as it's hand-crafted...!
Global_Innovation_Conversation_Live/Travel_world_journal/index.htm

No comments: